Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Great Return...






Every time I have opened the internet on my home computer, this special site comes up. You're looking at it, my blog. I took a minute and scanned it the other day and realized that I had recorded precious thoughts about my life as a newlywed, as a Christ follower and as a new mother. I had pieced the words together I had in my heart for my Beloveds. And frankly, I just feel like I need to begin again. There is something about writing things down (or typing them up) that just helps me process life a little more. Whether it's journaling, typing blogs or even dialoguing with friends that just takes life to the next step for me. I'm ready to process life a little more than I am. If not just for my sake, for ...

Wesley's sake!

Yes, since I have last written, Artie and I had another child. Our little surprise/bundle of joy ... Wesley. He is a completely recessive child by receiving ALL of Artie and I's recessive genes. 1. Blue eyes! (I remember when I was a little girl I used to day dream about having a blue eyed child and just thought it would be impossible.) 2. Blonde hair! He is platnum blonde which currently looks and feels like fresh peach fuzz. :) 3. Fair skinned. I confess, I will have NO earthly idea how to care for skin like this. Truett and I are about as olive toned as they come. And finally, 4. Completely Unplanned, Unexpected, and Unpredictable, and the current pivotal point of his mothers Undoing. In a good way. God brought this precious child into my life to a.) give me a very special gift/blessing and b.) to make me more like Jesus. Becoming a mother is nothing short of a slow learning process of dying to self. It is most "like" the Christian walk we are called to. I have been prodded and pruned in the short 2 yrs I have been a mother. (Yes, Truett will be 2 next month!!) I am grateful for the gift of motherhood and the "shrinking pains" or the opportunities to be less selfish that it brings (thanks to a dear friend who put words -- "shrinking pains" -- to the incredible moments I've had).

Wesley is a delight! Such a happy baby. He barely fusses. He doesn't like to miss anything and likes to be in the center of everything with everyone else. He is such a people person, already, it just amazes me. And he is my motivation for "A Great Return" to blogging. I want to put my heart on paper (or screen) for the things I feel about watching him grow like I did for Truett in the early months. So, I hope to give a glimpse of how my boys are growing, how Artie and I are becoming, and how much my God is ever present and working in my life. To Him be the glory and praise for these little ones He has given me to raise...

3 comments:

WhitneyandScott said...

Love the term "shrinking pains." So very true - a beautiful post. Hope you all are doing well, and hopefully we can have that play date soon that we've been trying to plan for months now!:)

Carolina said...

Hi sweet friend! I'm glad you decided to blog it is a good way to keep in touch in this busy busy life. hope you and the boys are doing well and can't wait to see you soon!

Alicia & Milo Impastato said...

I'm so glad your back! I sadly check every so often but ironically only see the 'the latest, long overdue'! Can't wait to see you soon (I hope) and thinking about your famiy! Much love from NOLA!!