'Blog' - is that a nice way to say "Blah, Blah, Blah"? Americans just can't stop talking about ourselves now, can we? And I'm a guilty party too, because several of my friends are "Blah, Blah, Blah"ing about themselves and I thought, "I want to do that too!" No, all kidding aside - I am so excited to have a blog! I have loved reading the blogs you send me and I hope to bring you some of the laughter, tears and whispers of hope that I have shared with all of you (Molly, once again an inspiration)!I want to start this blog page off by clearing something up ... the site is called "The McCall Family" but I can assure you, only myself will be posting the main events of the McCall family, so beware - it is all from my perspective!
"For the Day ~" ... a thought that has become a close friend of mine. As a young & newly married, staff member of a church where God is ever so working, teammate to one of the most servant-hearted men in the world (my husband, Artie), friend to incredible women doing God's work in and out of ministry, attempting to be a teacher to the cutest college girls you'd ever meet (Hey girls!), and most of all disciple of the Man who changes the world through changing lives, especially my own. I find myself many mornings, asking Jesus for ...
- Strength ... For the day
- Wisdom ... For the day
- Grace ... For the day
- ENERGY ... For the day
- Creativity ... For the day
- Laughter, custom-made ... For the day
- Submissiveness ... For the day
- Maybe a nap ... For the day
- Belief enough to trust ... For the day
- Love to give ... For the day
- With all my heart ... For the day
I feel through these prayers, I have discovered the way to meaningful living (just as Christ did, so He's teaching me) ... One day at at time. Not a day free of challenges or hardships, but one day given, just one. My husband says to me often, "You'll be better because of it. It'll pass, Babe." Because all things do.
A friend once described her life in a way that I unexpectantly relate to ... holding on to the coat-tails of her husband. You see, I always wanted the life of little to do, and lots of time to do it (perfecting it), yet what a real picture for me she described ... like today, right now - gotta get dinner on, drop off the Christmas cards, buy mom-in-law a Christmas gift (to get in the mail before New Years), take the dry-cleaning on the way to the movie because the college clan can't get there before we do! Life - just right, for me.
You see, "Blah, Blah, Blah" - but straight from my heart!
4 comments:
What inspiring thoughts...I am so glad that you are blah, blah, blogging about you and your precious family:) You have so much wisdom to share with us all. Thank you so much for sharing it. I look forward to reading it often. Your sister, one of your biggest fans, and fellow blogger...Maggie
Hooray! I love you 2 so much!!!
And Maggie has one too??? SWEET!!!
:)
What fun! Great way to keep in touch. Give your husband a kiss from mom. Love you
Hey Girl! Most of the time I still feel like we are just little girls! But then I read your blog, The McCall Family blog, and I realize that you are not a little girl but that you are a women! You are a sweet wife and women of God who has a sweet eye for the gems in the mud of this life! I love you and am daily amazed at who you are! - Squeeks
Post a Comment